- (a.) Bright; glittering; fiery.
- (v. t.) To soak in a liquid; to macerate; to extract the essence of by soaking; as, to soften seed by steeping it in water. Often used figuratively.
- (v. i.) To undergo the process of soaking in a liquid; as, the tea is steeping.
- (n.) Something steeped, or used in steeping; a fertilizing liquid to hasten the germination of seeds.
- (n.) A rennet bag.
- (v. t.) Making a large angle with the plane of the horizon; ascending or descending rapidly with respect to a horizontal line or a level; precipitous; as, a steep hill or mountain; a steep roof; a steep ascent; a steep declivity; a steep barometric gradient.
- (v. t.) Difficult of access; not easy reached; lofty; elevated; high.
- (v. t.) Excessive; as, a steep price.
- (n.) A precipitous place, hill, mountain, rock, or ascent; any elevated object sloping with a large angle to the plane of the horizon; a precipice.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SPEET
- (v. t.) To stab.