Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: SPEND
- (v. i.) To expend money or any other possession; to consume, use, waste, or part with, anything; as, he who gets easily spends freely.
- (v. i.) To waste or wear away; to be consumed; to lose force or strength; to vanish; as, energy spends in the using of it.
- (v. i.) To be diffused; to spread.
- (v. i.) To break ground; to continue working.
- (v. t.) To weigh or lay out; to dispose of; to part with; as, to spend money for clothing.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to employ; -- often with on or upon.
- (v. t.) To consume; to waste; to squander; to exhaust; as, to spend an estate in gaming or other vices.
- (v. t.) To pass, as time; to suffer to pass away; as, to spend a day idly; to spend winter abroad.
- (v. t.) To exhaust of force or strength; to waste; to wear away; as, the violence of the waves was spent.