- (v. i.) To lisp.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SPIEL
- Plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)
- Speak at great length (about something)
- Replay (as a melody); "Play it again, Sam"; "She played the third movement very beautifully"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n. pl.) The small, troublesome tumors or swellings about the anus and lower part of the rectum which are technically called hemorrhoids. See Hemorrhoids. [The singular pile is sometimes used.]
- Use diligently; "ply your wits!"
- Give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance; "The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
- Wield vigorously; "ply an axe"
- Join together as by twisting, weaving, or molding; "ply fabric"
- Travel a route regularly; "Ships ply the waters near the coast"
- Apply oneself diligently; "Ply one's trade"
- (usually in combinations) one of several layers of cloth or paper or wood as in plywood
- One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread; often used in combination; "three-ply cord"; "four-ply yarn"
- (n.) A small plug or wooden pin, used to stop a vent, as in a cask.
- (n.) A small tube or spout inserted in a tree for conducting sap, as from a sugar maple.
- (n.) A large stake driven into the ground as a support for some superstructure; a pile.
- (v. t.) To supply with a spile or a spigot; to make a small vent in, as a cask.