- (v. t.) To desire with eagerness; to seek to attain something high or great; to pant; to long; -- followed by to or after, and rarely by at; as, to aspire to a crown; to aspire after immorality.
- (v. t.) To rise; to ascend; to tower; to soar.
- (v. t.) To aspire to; to long for; to try to reach; to mount to.
- (n.) Aspiration.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SPIREA
- Any rosaceous plant of the genus Spiraea; has sprays of small white or pink flowers
- A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea; widely cultivated in many varieties for its dense panicles of flowers in many colors; often forced by florists for Easter blooming
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The triangular middle part of each segment of the shell of a barnacle.
- A theocratic Islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia; Iran was the core of the ancient empire that was known as Persia until 1935; rich in oil
- An empire in southern Asia created by Cyrus the Great in the 6th century BC and destroyed by Alexander the Great in the 4th century BC
- (v.) To commend; to applaud; to express approbation of; to laud; -- applied to a person or his acts.
- (v.) To extol in words or song; to magnify; to glorify on account of perfections or excellent works; to do honor to; to display the excellence of; -- applied especially to the Divine Being.
- (v.) To value; to appraise.
- (v.) Commendation for worth; approval expressed; honor rendered because of excellence or worth; laudation; approbation.
- (v.) Especially, the joyful tribute of gratitude or homage rendered to the Divine Being; the act of glorifying or extolling the Creator; worship, particularly worship by song, distinction from prayer and other acts of worship; as, a service of praise.
- (v.) The object, ground, or reason of praise.