- (n.) Spirit.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: SPRITE
- (n.) A spirit; a soul; a shade; also, an apparition. See Spright.
- (n.) An elf; a fairy; a goblin.
- (n.) The green woodpecker, or yaffle.
- (n.) A presbyter elder; a minister
- (n.) One who is authorized to consecrate the host and to say Mass; but especially, one of the lowest order possessing this power.
- (n.) A presbyter; one who belongs to the intermediate order between bishop and deacon. He is authorized to perform all ministerial services except those of ordination and confirmation.
- (n.) One who officiates at the altar, or performs the rites of sacrifice; one who acts as a mediator between men and the divinity or the gods in any form of religion; as, Buddhist priests.
- (v. t.) To ordain as priest.
- Superlative of ripe: the most ripe
- Most mature
- (n.) A line, or long, narrow division of anything of a different color or structure from the ground; hence, any linear variation of color or structure; as, a stripe, or streak, of red on a green ground; a raised stripe.
- (n.) A pattern produced by arranging the warp threads in sets of alternating colors, or in sets presenting some other contrast of appearance.
- (n.) A strip, or long, narrow piece attached to something of a different color; as, a red or blue stripe sewed upon a garment.
- (n.) A stroke or blow made with a whip, rod, scourge, or the like, such as usually leaves a mark.
- (n.) A long, narrow discoloration of the skin made by the blow of a lash, rod, or the like.
- (n.) Color indicating a party or faction; hence, distinguishing characteristic; sign; likeness; sort; as, persons of the same political stripe.
- (n.) The chevron on the coat of a noncommissioned officer.
- (v. t.) To make stripes upon; to form with lines of different colors or textures; to variegate with stripes.
- (v. t.) To strike; to lash.