- Estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- Arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events; "arrange my schedule"; "set up one's life"; "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- Formulate in a particular style or language;
- Attribute or give; "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"; "He put all his efforts into this job"; "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
- Cause to be in a certain state; cause to be in a certain relation; "That song put me in awful good humor"; "put your ideas in writing"
- Put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- Adapt; "put these words to music"
- Cause (someone) to undergo something; "He put her to the torture"
- The option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price b
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SPUT
- (n.) An annular reenforce, to strengthen a place where a hole is made.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!