Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SQUAT
- (a.) Sitting on the hams or heels; sitting close to the ground; cowering; crouching.
- (a.) Short and thick, like the figure of an animal squatting.
- (n.) The angel fish (Squatina angelus).
- (n.) The posture of one that sits on his heels or hams, or close to the ground.
- (n.) A sudden or crushing fall.
- (n.) A small vein of ore.
- (n.) A mineral consisting of tin ore and spar.
- (v. t.) To sit down upon the hams or heels; as, the savages squatted near the fire.
- (v. t.) To sit close to the ground; to cower; to stoop, or lie close, to escape observation, as a partridge or rabbit.
- (v. t.) To settle on another's land without title; also, to settle on common or public lands.
- (v. t.) To bruise or make flat by a fall.