- (a.) Without hope; given to despair; hopeless.
- (a.) Beyond hope; causing despair; extremely perilous; irretrievable; past cure, or, at least, extremely dangerous; as, a desperate disease; desperate fortune.
- (a.) Proceeding from, or suggested by, despair; without regard to danger or safety; reckless; furious; as, a desperate effort.
- (a.) Extreme, in a bad sense; outrageous; -- used to mark the extreme predominance of a bad quality.
- (n.) One desperate or hopeless.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.