- (n. pl.) Property of a deceased person, subject by law to the payment of his debts and legacies; -- called assets because sufficient to render the executor or administrator liable to the creditors and legatees, so far as such goods or estate may extend.
- (n. pl.) Effects of an insolvent debtor or bankrupt, applicable to the payment of debts.
- (n. pl.) The entire property of all sorts, belonging to a person, a corporation, or an estate; as, the assets of a merchant or a trading association; -- opposed to liabilities.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: STASES
- Inactivity resulting from a static balance between opposing forces
- An abnormal state in which the normal flow of a liquid (such as blood) is slowed or stopped
- Medical term for a stagnation in the normal flow of bodily fluids
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- One of two pieces of armor plate hanging from the fauld to protect the upper thighs