- A sharp stab of pain
- Cause a stinging pain; "The needle pricked his skin"
- A sudden sharp feeling; "pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
- Squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
- Feel a sudden sharp, local pain
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: STEWING
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stew
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The distance, reckoned toward the west, between the two meridians passing through the extremities of a course, or portion of a ship's path; the departure of a course which lies to the west of north.