- 3d pers. sing. pres. of Rise, contracted from riseth.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: STIR
- (n.) The act or result of stirring; agitation; tumult; bustle; noise or various movements.
- (n.) Public disturbance or commotion; tumultuous disorder; seditious uproar.
- (n.) Agitation of thoughts; conflicting passions.
- (v. i.) To move; to change one's position.
- (v. i.) To be in motion; to be active or bustling; to exert or busy one's self.
- (v. i.) To become the object of notice; to be on foot.
- (v. i.) To rise, or be up, in the morning.
- (v. t.) To change the place of in any manner; to move.
- (v. t.) To disturb the relative position of the particles of, as of a liquid, by passing something through it; to agitate; as, to stir a pudding with a spoon.
- (v. t.) To bring into debate; to agitate; to moot.
- (v. t.) To incite to action; to arouse; to instigate; to prompt; to excite.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A quicksand.