- (v. i.) To gush or issue suddenly or violently out in a stream, as liquor from a cask; to rush from a confined place in a small stream or jet; to spirt.
- (v. t.) To throw out, as a liquid, in a stream or jet; to drive or force out with violence, as a liquid from a pipe or small orifice; as, to spurt water from the mouth.
- (n.) A sudden and energetic effort, as in an emergency; an increased exertion for a brief space.
- (v. i.) To make a sudden and violent exertion, as in an emergency.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- Volatile liquid distilled from turpentine oleoresin; used as paint thinner and solvent and medicinally