- (n.) A genus of iridaceous plants, with pretty blossoms rising separately from the bulb or corm. C. vernus is one of the earliest of spring-blooming flowers; C. sativus produces the saffron, and blossoms in the autumn.
- (n.) A deep yellow powder; the oxide of some metal calcined to a red or deep yellow color; esp., the oxide of iron (Crocus of Mars or colcothar) thus produced from salts of iron, and used as a polishing powder.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SUCCOR
- (v. t.) To run to, or run to support; hence, to help or relieve when in difficulty, want, or distress; to assist and deliver from suffering; to relieve; as, to succor a besieged city.
- (v. t.) Aid; help; assistance; esp., assistance that relieves and delivers from difficulty, want, or distress.
- (v. t.) The person or thing that brings relief.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place without incident"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- Come to one's mind; suggest itself; "It occurred to me that we should hire another secretary"; "A great idea then came to her"
- To be found to exist; "sexism occurs in many workplaces"; "precious stones occur in a large area in Brazil"