- Imp. of See.
- (v. t.) Something said; speech; discourse.
- (v. t.) A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
- (v. t.) Dictate; command; decree.
- (n.) An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
- (v. t.) To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
- (v. t.) To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
- (v. t.) Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
- (v. i.) To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
- (v. i.) To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
- (v. i.) To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
- (imp.) of See
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SWA
- (adv.) So.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp.) of Be
- (v.) The first and third persons singular of the verb be, in the indicative mood, preterit (imperfect) tense; as, I was; he was.