- Give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency
- Sway to and fro
- Move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated"
- Move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
- The act of moving back and forth
- Move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
- The act of pausing uncertainly; "there was a hesitation in his speech"
- Pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
- Someone who communicates by waving
- Be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: SWARVE
- (v. i.) To swerve.
- (v. i.) To climb.