- Put a welt on; "welt the shoes"
- Beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- A raised or strengthened seam
- A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip); characteristic of many allergic reactions
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SWELT
- Imp. of Swell.
- (v. i.) To die; to perish.
- (v. i.) To faint; to swoon.
- (v. t.) To overpower, as with heat; to cause to faint; to swelter.