- (superl.) Somewhat sick; disposed to illness; attended with disease; as, a sickly body.
- (superl.) Producing, or tending to, disease; as, a sickly autumn; a sickly climate.
- (superl.) Appearing as if sick; weak; languid; pale.
- (superl.) Tending to produce nausea; sickening; as, a sickly smell; sickly sentimentality.
- (adv.) In a sick manner or condition; ill.
- (v. t.) To make sick or sickly; -- with over, and probably only in the past participle.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.