- (n.) A large stick; a club; specifically, a piece of wood with one end thicker or broader than the other, used in playing baseball, cricket, etc.
- (n.) Shale or bituminous shale.
- (n.) A sheet of cotton used for filling quilts or comfortables; batting.
- (n.) A part of a brick with one whole end.
- (v. t.) To strike or hit with a bat or a pole; to cudgel; to beat.
- (v. i.) To use a bat, as in a game of baseball.
- (n.) One of the Cheiroptera, an order of flying mammals, in which the wings are formed by a membrane stretched between the elongated fingers, legs, and tail. The common bats are small and insectivorous. See Cheiroptera and Vampire.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TAB
- (n.) The flap or latchet of a shoe fastened with a string or a buckle.
- (n.) A tag. See Tag, 2.
- (n.) A loop for pulling or lifting something.
- (n.) A border of lace or other material, worn on the inner front edge of ladies' bonnets.
- (n.) A loose pendent part of a lady's garment; esp., one of a series of pendent squares forming an edge or border.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- To be announced