- Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TABES
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To beat with a stick; to cudgel.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle flour and salt and drip butter or fat on, as on meat in roasting.
- (v. t.) To mark with tar, as sheep.
- Flap the wings wildly or frantically; used of falcons
- (n.) Any living creature; an animal; -- including man, insects, etc.
- (n.) Any four-footed animal, that may be used for labor, food, or sport; as, a beast of burden.
- (n.) As opposed to man: Any irrational animal.
- (n.) Fig.: A coarse, brutal, filthy, or degraded fellow.
- (n.) A game at cards similar to loo.
- (n.) A penalty at beast, omber, etc. Hence: To be beasted, to be beaten at beast, omber, etc.
- Make by pounding or trampling; "beat a path through the forest"
- Move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
- A stroke or blow; "the signal was two beats on the steam pipe"
- Move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
- A regular rate of repetition; "the cox raised the beat"
- Indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks; "Beat the rhythm"
- Sail with much tacking or with difficulty; "The boat beat in the strong wind"
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- Move with a flapping motion; "The bird's
- (n.) The eleventh month of the ancient Hebrew year, approximately corresponding with February.