- (v. t.) To beat with successive blows; to beat repeatedly and with violence, so as to bruise, shatter, or demolish; as, to batter a wall or rampart.
- (v. t.) To wear or impair as if by beating or by hard usage.
- (v. t.) To flatten (metal) by hammering, so as to compress it inwardly and spread it outwardly.
- (v. t.) A semi-liquid mixture of several ingredients, as, flour, eggs, milk, etc., beaten together and used in cookery.
- (v. t.) Paste of clay or loam.
- (v. t.) A bruise on the face of a plate or of type in the form.
- (n.) A backward slope in the face of a wall or of a bank; receding slope.
- (v. i.) To slope gently backward.
- (n.) One who wields a bat; a batsman.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TABRET
- (n.) A taboret.