Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: TALON
- (n.) The claw of a predaceous bird or animal, especially the claw of a bird of prey.
- (n.) One of certain small prominences on the hind part of the face of an elephant's tooth.
- (n.) A kind of molding, concave at the bottom and convex at the top; -- usually called an ogee.
- (n.) The shoulder of the bolt of a lock on which the key acts to shoot the bolt.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Alt. of Latoun
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the back; dorsal.
- Having tonality; i.e. tones and chords organized in relation to one tone such as a keynote or tonic
- Employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words; "Chinese is a tonal language"