- (n.) A structure on the hurricane deck of a steamer, containing the pilot house, officers' cabins, etc.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TAXES
- Charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
- Make a charge against or accuse; "They taxed him failure to appear in court"
- Use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
- Levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
- Set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- The surgical procedure of manually restoring a displaced body part
- A locomotor response toward or away from an external stimulus by a motile (and usually simple) organism