Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TEA
- (n.) The prepared leaves of a shrub, or small tree (Thea, / Camellia, Chinensis). The shrub is a native of China, but has been introduced to some extent into some other countries.
- (n.) A decoction or infusion of tea leaves in boiling water; as, tea is a common beverage.
- (n.) Any infusion or decoction, especially when made of the dried leaves of plants; as, sage tea; chamomile tea; catnip tea.
- (n.) The evening meal, at which tea is usually served; supper.
- (v. i.) To take or drink tea.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The preterit of Eat.
- (n.) The goddess of mischievous folly; also, in later poets, the goddess of vengeance.
- (imp.) of Eat
- Of Eat
- (v. t.) To chew and swallow as food; to devour; -- said especially of food not liquid; as, to eat bread.
- (v. t.) To corrode, as metal, by rust; to consume the flesh, as a cancer; to waste or wear away; to destroy gradually; to cause to disappear.
- (v. i.) To take food; to feed; especially, to take solid, in distinction from liquid, food; to board.
- (v. i.) To taste or relish; as, it eats like tender beef.
- (v. i.) To make one's way slowly.
- The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet
- A terrorist organization organized in 1959 by student activists who were dissatisfied with the moderate nationalism of the traditional Basque party; want to create an independent homeland in Spain's western Pyrenees; "in 1968 ETA launched a campaign of political assassinations of government officials"