- (n.) A crystalline, granular rock, consisting of quartz, feldspar, and mica, and usually of a whitish, grayish, or flesh-red color. It differs from gneiss in not having the mica in planes, and therefore in being destitute of a schistose structure.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TEARING
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tear
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Ingrateful.
- (n.) An ungrateful person.
- (v. t.) To make great; to enlarge; to magnify.
- (n.) A blackish fish (Hypoplectrus nigricans), of the Sea-bass family. It is a native of the West Indies and Florida.
- A city of northern Morocco at the west end of the Strait of Gibraltar; "the first tangerines were shipped from Tangier to Europe in 1841"
- Tasting sour like a lemon