- (v. t.) To make into a net; to make n the style of network; as, to net silk.
- (v. t.) To take in a net; to capture by stratagem or wile.
- (v. t.) To inclose or cover with a net; as, to net a tree.
- (v. i.) To form network or netting; to knit.
- (a.) Without spot; pure; shining.
- (a.) Free from extraneous substances; pure; unadulterated; neat; as, net wine, etc.
- (a.) Not including superfluous, incidental, or foreign matter, as boxes, coverings, wraps, etc.; free from charges, deductions, etc; as, net profit; net income; net weight, etc.
- (v. t.) To produce or gain as clear profit; as, he netted a thousand dollars by the operation.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: TEN
- (a.) One more than nine; twice five.
- (n.) The number greater by one than nine; the sum of five and five; ten units of objects.
- (n.) A symbol representing ten units, as 10, x, or X.