- (n.) The bed or receptacle prepared by a fowl for holding her eggs and for hatching and rearing her young.
- (n.) Hence: the place in which the eggs of other animals, as insects, turtles, etc., are laid and hatched; a snug place in which young animals are reared.
- (n.) A snug, comfortable, or cozy residence or situation; a retreat, or place of habitual resort; hence, those who occupy a nest, frequent a haunt, or are associated in the same pursuit; as, a nest of traitors; a nest of bugs.
- (n.) An aggregated mass of any ore or mineral, in an isolated state, within a rock.
- (n.) A collection of boxes, cases, or the like, of graduated size, each put within the one next larger.
- (n.) A compact group of pulleys, gears, springs, etc., working together or collectively.
- (v. i.) To build and occupy a nest.
- (v. t.) To put into a nest; to form a nest for.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: TENS
- Acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. A method to assist in relieving pain through low-voltage electric impulses
- One of four playing cards in a deck with ten pips on the face
- The cardinal number that is the sum of nine and one; the base of the decimal system
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- Catch with a net; "net a fish"
- A goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- Construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- The excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- Make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
- Yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
- A computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- A trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- (imp. & p. p.) of Send
- (v. & n.) See Scent, v. & n.
- Obs. 3d pers. sing. pres. of Send, for sendeth.
- Imp. & p. p. of Send.
- (n.) The fat of a deer.
- (v. t.) The clear of mucus; to blow.