- Remaining after all deductions; "net profit"
- Catch with a net; "net a fish"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TENT
- (n.) A kind of wine of a deep red color, chiefly from Galicia or Malaga in Spain; -- called also tent wine, and tinta.
- (n.) Attention; regard, care.
- (n.) Intention; design.
- (n.) A roll of lint or linen, or a conical or cylindrical piece of sponge or other absorbent, used chiefly to dilate a natural canal, to keep open the orifice of a wound, or to absorb discharges.
- (n.) A probe for searching a wound.
- (n.) A pavilion or portable lodge consisting of skins, canvas, or some strong cloth, stretched and sustained by poles, -- used for sheltering persons from the weather, especially soldiers in camp.
- (n.) The representation of a tent used as a bearing.
- (v. i.) To lodge as a tent; to tabernacle.
- (v. t.) To attend to; to heed; hence, to guard; to hinder.
- (v. t.) To probe or to search with a tent; to keep open with a tent; as, to tent a wound. Used also figuratively.