- (v. t.) To treat, or conduct toward; to deal with; to use.
- (v. t.) To treat with, or in respect to, a thing desired; hence, to ask earnestly; to beseech; to petition or pray with urgency; to supplicate; to importune.
- (v. t.) To beseech or supplicate successfully; to prevail upon by prayer or solicitation; to persuade.
- (v. t.) To invite; to entertain.
- (v. i.) To treat or discourse; hence, to enter into negotiations, as for a treaty.
- (v. i.) To make an earnest petition or request.
- (n.) Entreaty.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TERNATE
- (a.) Having the parts arranged by threes; as, ternate branches, leaves, or flowers.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A thick woolen stuff quilled or twilled.
- (n.) A harmless lizard of the Gecko family (Platydactylus Mauritianicus) found in Southern Europe and adjacent countries, especially among old walls and ruins.