Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: TERSEST
- Sparing in the use of words; abrupt
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A long-haired dog formerly trained to crouch on finding game but now to point
- One who sets written material into type
- A thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings; "they walked the streets of the small town"; "he lives on Nassau Street"
- The part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel; "be careful crossing the street"
- People living or working on the same street; "the whole street protested the absence of street lights"
- A situation offering opportunities; "he worked both sides of the street"; "cooperation is a two-way street"
- The streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction; "she tried to keep her children off the street"
- A flat canopy (especially one over a four-poster bed)
- Someone who administers a test to determine your qualifications