Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: TEXT
- (n.) A discourse or composition on which a note or commentary is written; the original words of an author, in distinction from a paraphrase, annotation, or commentary.
- (n.) The four Gospels, by way of distinction or eminence.
- (n.) A verse or passage of Scripture, especially one chosen as the subject of a sermon, or in proof of a doctrine.
- (n.) Hence, anything chosen as the subject of an argument, literary composition, or the like; topic; theme.
- (n.) A style of writing in large characters; text-hand also, a kind of type used in printing; as, German text.
- (v. t.) To write in large characters, as in text hand.