- (v. t.) A line of grass or grain cut and thrown together by the scythe in mowing or cradling.
- (v. t.) The whole sweep of a scythe, or the whole breadth from which grass or grain is cut by a scythe or a machine, in mowing or cradling; as, to cut a wide swath.
- (v. t.) A band or fillet; a swathe.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: THAWS
- Become or cause to become soft or liquid; "The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
- A relaxation or slackening of tensions or reserve; becoming less hostile; "the thaw between the United States and Russia has led to increased cooperation in world affairs"
- Warm weather following a freeze; snow and ice melt; "they welcomed the spring thaw"
- The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid; "the power failure caused a refrigerator melt that was a disaster"; "the thawing of a frozen turkey takes several hours"
- Noun - British actor (1942-2002)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!