- (n.) An act of deception or fraud; that which is the means of fraud or deception; a fraud; a trick; imposition; imposture.
- (n.) One who cheats or deceives; an impostor; a deceiver; a cheater.
- (n.) A troublesome grass, growing as a weed in grain fields; -- called also chess. See Chess.
- (n.) The obtaining of property from another by an intentional active distortion of the truth.
- (n.) To deceive and defraud; to impose upon; to trick; to swindle.
- (n.) To beguile.
- (v. i.) To practice fraud or trickery; as, to cheat at cards.
- (n.) Wheat, or bread made from wheat.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: THECA
- (n.) A sheath; a case; as, the theca, or cell, of an anther; the theca, or spore case, of a fungus; the theca of the spinal cord.
- (n.) The chitinous cup which protects the hydranths of certain hydroids.
- (n.) The more or less cuplike calicle of a coral.
- (n.) The wall forming a calicle of a coral.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Something used for taking hold or holding; a catch; a loop; a button.
- (n.) A spot, stain, or blemish.
- (v. t.) To impart the knowledge of; to give intelligence concerning; to impart, as knowledge before unknown, or rules for practice; to inculcate as true or important; to exhibit impressively; as, to teach arithmetic, dancing, music, or the like; to teach morals.
- (v. t.) To direct, as an instructor; to manage, as a preceptor; to guide the studies of; to instruct; to inform; to conduct through a course of studies; as, to teach a child or a class.
- (v. t.) To accustom; to guide; to show; to admonish.
- (v. i.) To give instruction; to follow the business, or to perform the duties, of a preceptor.