- (v. t.) To encourage.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: THRONE
- (n.) A chair of state, commonly a royal seat, but sometimes the seat of a prince, bishop, or other high dignitary.
- (n.) Hence, sovereign power and dignity; also, the one who occupies a throne, or is invested with sovereign authority; an exalted or dignified personage.
- (n.) A high order of angels in the celestial hierarchy; -- a meaning given by the schoolmen.
- (v. i.) To be in, or sit upon, a throne; to be placed as if upon a throne.
- (v. t.) To place on a royal seat; to enthrone.
- (v. t.) To place in an elevated position; to give sovereignty or dominion to; to exalt.
- (n.) A large, strong wasp. The European species (Vespa crabro) is of a dark brown and yellow color. It is very pugnacious, and its sting is very severe. Its nest is constructed of a paperlike material, and the layers of comb are hung together by columns. The American white-faced hornet (V. maculata) is larger and has similar habits.
- (conj.) Neither; nor.