- Large stinging paper wasp
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: THRONES
- The position and power of an exalted person (a sovereign or bishop) who is entitled to sit in a chair of state on ceremonial occasions
- Put a monarch on the throne; "The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago"
- The chair of state for a monarch, bishop, etc.; "the king sat on his throne"
- Sit on the throne as a ruler
- A plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) To make short or shorter in measure, extent, or time; as, to shorten distance; to shorten a road; to shorten days of calamity.
- (a.) To reduce or diminish in amount, quantity, or extent; to lessen; to abridge; to curtail; to contract; as, to shorten work, an allowance of food, etc.
- (a.) To make deficient (as to); to deprive; -- with of.
- (a.) To make short or friable, as pastry, with butter, lard, pot liquor, or the like.
- (v. i.) To become short or shorter; as, the day shortens in northern latitudes from June to December; a metallic rod shortens by cold.