Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TIERS
- One of two or more layers one atop another; "tier upon tier of huge casks"; "a three-tier wedding cake"
- Something that is used for tying; "the sail is fastened to the yard with tiers"
- A worker who ties something
- Any one of two or more competitors who tie one another
- A relative position or degree of value in a graded group; "lumber of the highest grade"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Any customary observance or practice
- An established ceremony prescribed by a religion; "the rite of baptism"
- Exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
- Lose interest or become bored with something or somebody; "I'm so tired of your mother and her complaints about my food"
- Hoop that covers a wheel; "automobile tires are usually made of rubber and filled with compressed air"
- Cause to be bored
- Deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- Rugby touchdown
- Put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice; "Try on this sweater to see how it looks"
- Melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
- Take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
- Test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
- Give pain or trouble to; "I've been sorely tried by these students"
- Examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California"
- Put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
- Make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She