- (a.) Next in order after the seventh.
- (a.) Consisting of one of eight equal divisions of a thing.
- (n.) The quotient of a unit divided by eight; one of eight equal parts; an eighth part.
- (n.) The interval of an octave.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The condition of being high; elevated position.
- (n.) The distance to which anything rises above its foot, above that on which in stands, above the earth, or above the level of the sea; altitude; the measure upward from a surface, as the floor or the ground, of animal, especially of a man; stature.
- (n.) Degree of latitude either north or south.
- (n.) That which is elevated; an eminence; a hill or mountain; as, Alpine heights.
- (n.) Elevation in excellence of any kind, as in power, learning, arts; also, an advanced degree of social rank; preeminence or distinction in society; prominence.
- (n.) Progress toward eminence; grade; degree.
- (n.) Utmost degree in extent; extreme limit of energy or condition; as, the height of a fever, of passion, of madness, of folly; the height of a tempest.