- Expel (gases or odors)
- Express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words);
- Give off, send forth, or discharge; as of light, heat, or radiation, vapor, etc.; "The ozone layer blocks some harmful rays which the sun emits"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TIMES
- (pl.) of Time
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection; "they reduced the price on many items"
- An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list; "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- An individual instance of a type of symbol; "the word`error' contains three tokens of `r'"
- A small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"
- (n. f.) Alt. of Metisse
- Any of numerous very small to minute arachnids often infesting animals or plants or stored foods
- A slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
- (n.) See Shittim.
- (v. t.) To strike; to inflict a blow upon with the hand, or with any instrument held in the hand, or with a missile thrown by the hand; as, to smite with the fist, with a rod, sword, spear, or stone.
- (v. t.) To cause to strike; to use as an instrument in striking or hurling.
- (v. t.) To destroy the life of by beating, or by weapons of any kind; to slay by a blow; to kill; as, to smite one with the sword, or with an arrow or other instrument.
- (v. t.) To put to rout in battle; to overthrow by war.
- (v. t.) To blast; to destroy the life or vigor of, as by a stroke or by some visitation.
- (v. t.) To afflict; to chasten; to punish.
- (v. t.) To strike or affect with passion, as love or fear.
- (v. i.) To strike; to collide; to beat.
- (n.) The act of smiting; a blow.
- (n.) A slight gleam or glimmer; a glimpse.