Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TOLLS
- Value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
- The sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
- A fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- Ring slowly; "For whom the bell tolls"
- Charge a fee for using; "Toll the bridges into New York City"