- (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything
- (physics and chemistry) the smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TOMAS
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Ditch dug as a fortification and usually filled with water
- (n.) One of the minute apertures between the cells in many serous membranes.
- (n.) The minute breathing pores of leaves or other organs opening into the intercellular spaces, and usually bordered by two contractile cells.
- (n.) The line of dehiscence of the sporangium of a fern. It is usually marked by two transversely elongated cells. See Illust. of Sporangium.
- (n.) A stigma. See Stigma, n., 6 (a) & (b).