- Wot not; know not; knows not.
- (a.) Shorn; shaven.
- (adv.) A word used to express negation, prohibition, denial, or refusal.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: TON
- Pl. of Toe.
- (n.) The common tunny, or house mackerel.
- (n.) The prevailing fashion or mode; vogue; as, things of ton.
- (n.) A measure of weight or quantity.
- (n.) The weight of twenty hundredweight.
- (n.) Forty cubic feet of space, being the unit of measurement of the burden, or carrying capacity, of a vessel; as a vessel of 300 tons burden.
- (n.) A certain weight or quantity of merchandise, with reference to transportation as freight; as, six hundred weight of ship bread in casks, seven hundred weight in bags, eight hundred weight in bulk; ten bushels of potatoes; eight sacks, or ten barrels, of flour; forty cubic feet of rough, or fifty cubic feet of hewn, timber, etc.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!