- (n.) Wanton or unrestrained behavior; uproar; tumult.
- (n.) Excessive and exxpensive feasting; wild and loose festivity; revelry.
- (n.) The tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by an unlawful assembly of three or more persons in the execution of some private object.
- (v. i.) To engage in riot; to act in an unrestrained or wanton manner; to indulge in excess of luxury, feasting, or the like; to revel; to run riot; to go to excess.
- (v. i.) To disturb the peace; to raise an uproar or sedition. See Riot, n., 3.
- (v. t.) To spend or pass in riot.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TORI
- (pl.) of Torus
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Same as Tyro.
- (n.) Three, considered collectively; three in company or acting together; a set of three; three united.
- (n.) A composition for three parts or three instruments.
- (n.) The secondary, or episodical, movement of a minuet or scherzo, as in a sonata or symphony, or of a march, or of various dance forms; -- not limited to three parts or instruments.