- (pl.) of Ort
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: TORS
- A high rocky hill
- A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Roust.
- Unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- (biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action
- A state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor
- Become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
- Break down; "The bodies decomposed in the heat"
- (n.) Chance; lot; destiny.
- (n.) A kind or species; any number or collection of individual persons or things characterized by the same or like qualities; a class or order; as, a sort of men; a sort of horses; a sort of trees; a sort of poems.
- (n.) Manner; form of being or acting.
- (n.) Condition above the vulgar; rank.
- (n.) A chance group; a company of persons who happen to be together; a troop; also, an assemblage of animals.
- (n.) A pair; a set; a suit.
- (n.) Letters, figures, points, marks, spaces, or quadrats, belonging to a case, separately considered.
- (v. t.) To separate, and place in distinct classes or divisions, as things having different qualities; as, to sort cloths according to their colors; to sort wool or thread according to its fineness.
- (v. t.) To reduce to order from a confused state.
- (v. t.) To conjoin; to put together in distribution; to class.
- (v. t.) To choose from a number; to select; to cull.
- (v. t.) To conform; to adapt; to accommodate.
- (v. i.) To join or associate with others, esp. with others of the same kind or species; to agree.
- (v. i.) To suit; to fit; to be in accord; to harmonize.
- (a.) Strong; powerful; hardy; bold; audacious.
- (a.) See Stoor.