- (n.) One and one; twice one.
- (n.) The sum of one and one; the number next greater than one, and next less than three; two units or objects.
- (n.) A symbol representing two units, as 2, II., or ii.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: TOW
- (n.) The coarse and broken part of flax or hemp, separated from the finer part by the hatchel or swingle.
- (v. t.) To draw or pull through the water, as a vessel of any kind, by means of a rope.
- (v. t.) A rope by which anything is towed; a towline, or towrope.
- (v. t.) The act of towing, or the state of being towed; --chiefly used in the phrase, to take in tow, that is to tow.
- (v. t.) That which is towed, or drawn by a towline, as a barge, raft, collection of boats, ect.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp.) of Weet
- (pres. sing.) of Wit
- 1st & 3d pers. sing. pres. of Wit, to know. See the Note under Wit, v.
- An international organization based in Geneva that monitors and enforces rules governing global trade