Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: TRANSPOSITIONS
- (music) playing in a different key from the key intended; moving the pitch of a piece of music upwards or downwards
- The act of reversing the order or place of
- (electricity) a rearrangement of the relative positions of power lines in order to minimize the effects of mutual capacitance and inductance; "he wrote a textbook on the electrical effects of transposition"
- (mathematics) the transfer of a quantity from one side of an equation to the other along with a change of sign
- (genetics) a kind of mutation in which a chromosomal segment is transfered to a new position on the same or another chromosome
- An event in which one thing is substituted for another; "the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood"
- Any abnormal position of the organs of the body