- (n.) Conformable to fact; in accordance with the actual state of things; correct; not false, erroneous, inaccurate, or the like; as, a true relation or narration; a true history; a declaration is true when it states the facts.
- (n.) Right to precision; conformable to a rule or pattern; exact; accurate; as, a true copy; a true likeness of the original.
- (n.) Steady in adhering to friends, to promises, to a prince, or the like; unwavering; faithful; loyal; not false, fickle, or perfidious; as, a true friend; a wife true to her husband; an officer true to his charge.
- (n.) Actual; not counterfeit, adulterated, or pretended; genuine; pure; real; as, true balsam; true love of country; a true Christian.
- (adv.) In accordance with truth; truly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.