- (n.) A bully; a blustering, turbulent, insolent, fellow; one who vexes or provokes.
- (v. t.) To treat with insolence; to threaten; to bully; hence, to torment by words; to tease; to taunt; to worry or irritate by bullying.
- (v. i.) To play the bully; to bluster; to be turbulent or insolent.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: TROCHE
- (n.) A medicinal tablet or lozenge; strictly, one of circular form.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A linen garment resembling the surplise, but with narrower sleeves, also without sleeves, worn by bishops, and by some other ecclesiastical dignitaries, in certain religious ceremonies.
- (n.) A frock or outer garment worn in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries.
- (n.) The red gurnard, or gurnet. See Gurnard.
- (n.) A very small arctic sea bird (Mergulus alle, or Alle alle) common on both coasts of the Atlantic in winter; -- called also little auk, dovekie, rotch, rotchie, and sea dove.
- (n.) Dowry brought by a bride to her husband.