- (n.) The act of creating or causing to exist. Specifically, the act of bringing the universe or this world into existence.
- (n.) That which is created; that which is produced or caused to exist, as the world or some original work of art or of the imagination; nature.
- (n.) The act of constituting or investing with a new character; appointment; formation.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- (n.) Any action in resisting other action or force; counter tendency; movement in a contrary direction; reverse action.
- (n.) The mutual or reciprocal action of chemical agents upon each other, or the action upon such chemical agents of some form of energy, as heat, light, or electricity, resulting in a chemical change in one or more of these agents, with the production of new compounds or the manifestation of distinctive characters. See Blowpipe reaction, Flame reaction, under Blowpipe, and Flame.
- (n.) An action induced by vital resistance to some other action; depression or exhaustion of vital force consequent on overexertion or overstimulation; heightened activity and overaction succeeding depression or shock.
- (n.) The force which a body subjected to the action of a force from another body exerts upon the latter body in the opposite direction.
- (n.) Backward tendency or movement after revolution, reform, or great progress in any direction.