- (a.) Outer.
- (a.) Situated on the outside, or extreme limit; remote from the center; outer.
- (a.) Complete; perfect; total; entire; absolute; as, utter ruin; utter darkness.
- (a.) Peremptory; unconditional; unqualified; final; as, an utter refusal or denial.
- (a.) To put forth or out; to reach out.
- (a.) To dispose of in trade; to sell or vend.
- (a.) hence, to put in circulation, as money; to put off, as currency; to cause to pass in trade; -- often used, specifically, of the issue of counterfeit notes or coins, forged or fraudulent documents, and the like; as, to utter coin or bank notes.
- (a.) To give public expression to; to disclose; to publish; to speak; to pronounce.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.