- (n.) Sexual desire or oestrus of deer, cattle, and various other mammals; heat; also, the period during which the oestrus exists.
- (n.) Roaring, as of waves breaking upon the shore; rote. See Rote.
- (v. i.) To have a strong sexual impulse at the reproductive period; -- said of deer, cattle, etc.
- (v. t.) To cover in copulation.
- (n.) A track worn by a wheel or by habitual passage of anything; a groove in which anything runs. Also used figuratively.
- (v. t.) To make a rut or ruts in; -- chiefly used as a past participle or a participial adj.; as, a rutted road.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: TUR
- (n.) The urus.