Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: URE
- (n.) The urus.
- (n.) Use; practice; exercise.
- (v. t.) To use; to exercise; to inure; to accustom by practice.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A perennial suffrutescent plant (Ruta graveolens), having a strong, heavy odor and a bitter taste; herb of grace. It is used in medicine.
- (n.) Fig.: Bitterness; disappointment; grief; regret.
- (v. t.) To lament; to regret extremely; to grieve for or over.
- (v. t.) To cause to grieve; to afflict.
- (v. t.) To repent of, and withdraw from, as a bargain; to get released from.
- (v. i.) To have compassion.
- (v. i.) To feel sorrow and regret; to repent.
- (v. t.) Sorrow; repetance.